Monday, January 01, 2007

Adding my 2 cents to the mix ;)

So hi everyone!
My name is Melanie and I too am so excited for this KAL. I have been wanting to make Hidcote for a while now, and just needed a darned good excuse to start yet another project. =)
I started last night as well, and I have spent the whole darned first day of 2007 doing nothing but knitting. Poor me huh?
Well, I tore right through the first few charts..But I am now seeing it taking a lot longer to get through the rows.
I am now just starting chart 4...Here is what it looks like so far.

This is Knit Picks Shadow in the Vineyard colorway. Chart 3 made it grow considerably. I am taking a pic after each chart so I can see my progress. I'll be posting about this on my blog tomorrow.
Hope you all are having as much fun as I am with this project!

3 Comments:

Blogger Birdsong said...

Oooh, this is the yarn that Sallee has picked to use and it is just gorgeous (I recently wrote a post on my blog called "Aubergine is the new Black", so I may be biased). I am encouraged by how fast you got through the first sets of charts, but you are right about how much slower things go once there are over 100 stitches on the needles.

10:18 PM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

I was just about to say...I'm using this yarn! Birdsong beat me to it!!!
:)
It's absolutely lovely...I can't wait to get Hidcote on the needles...
(((hugs)))

9:25 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Hey! I'm using this yarn too! I have had it for a long time and hadn't known what to use it for but it is the perfect color for my Aunt whom I am going to knit this for. It seemed like everyone was going to use light colors and I was going to be the only one using dark...but I guess I'm one of a group! Great job on what you have accomplished so far!

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home