Tuesday, January 02, 2007

In but . . .

This old blogger/new blogger stuff is confusing. I unfortunately upgraded to a new version of Outlook and my bookmarks are tied to my google accounts.

I'm still puzzled about which yarn to use. Lorna's Laces "Helen's Lace" in Mineshaft was my first choice, but it has less yarn than the pattern calls for. Miriam said it has the amount she used to knit the shawl, so it might work. Or I have a beautiful merino silk blend from Great Adirondack Yarn company in warmer shades of dark brown. I have two skeins, and I originally bought it with Hidcote in mind. It's the yarn that speaks to me, so I should use it.

Only now I'm thinking I should knit it for my mom, in which case Mineshaft is the better color. I'll have to think about it some more. Will my mom wear a shawl like this, or would she just put it away because it's "too nice"? Hmmm.

1 Comments:

Blogger Birdsong said...

I gave my MIL a lovely mohair, plain-knit triangle shawl for Christmas, spiced up with a pretty edging and she loved it and thought she would wear it a lot. She has also knitted and needlepointed and appreciated the work involved. That said, I would weigh out whether your mama will consider it a museum piece or "must-wear-everywhere and brag about my daughter" piece.

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home