Sunday, January 21, 2007

Drum roll please.....

It's done! It's done! It's done!
(Can you tell I am excited about that?)
20 days from start to finish..Yeah, I may be a little crazy.
Not only am I done..But this baby turned out massive!



It measures 108" (that's 9 Ft) across the top..And 65" (about 5 1/2 Ft) from tip to tip. I knew it was going to be big considering I had to order more yarn. =)

OK, now I get to swatch for the Forest Path stole. =) I told you I was crazy!
If you want to hear more about my Hidcote adventure..You can visit my blog..I will update it tomorrow with LOT's more pics and maybe some model shots. =)
Keep up the good work..The results are breathtaking.
Miriam really out did herself with this amazing pattern..It's everything you think it is going to be, and then some!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It looks beautiful!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

I wish I had a drum.....lovely

9:50 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

Beautiful! I'm almost done, too, just starting chart 9, then I'm also onto Forest Path.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

wOW You are all flying through, I don't see completion til nearing end of February, too many other WIPs

7:19 PM  
Blogger Sue J. said...

Just gorgeous!

5:51 AM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

What a beautiful color! And a great accomplishment:)

11:47 AM  
Blogger slimsdotter said...

Very awesome.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Absolutely lovely!!!
Congratulations!
(((Hugs)))

1:35 PM  
Blogger Deby said...

It is absolutley gorgeous! Great work and congratulations! Knit on

11:11 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Hi all,
I have been asked a couple times why my shawl ended up so big. =)
It's 'cuz I am a very loose knitter, I did not swatch, and I did it on size 3 needles.
Usually when I do a pattern I need to go down a size or 2 on the recommended needle size.
I thought what the heck, and just went with the 3's on this ...which resulted in a much larger and more "open" shawl.

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home