Tuesday, January 02, 2007

frogging already

Hi, this is my first KAL, my first shawl, first lace and first blog post. I hope to spend most of my time lurking and knitting.
I've started my shawl with Knitpicks Shadow in Jewels, with #3 circs. Had to work Mon and Wed, so I started on Sunday and completed chart one. Was pretty pleased except for the nagging feeling about the center-- I could see that I was getting one hole from two adjacent YO's. And I knew the instructions talked about adjacent YO's but not for many charts yet. So finally sent out an SOS and Miriam kindly pointed out that I was missing the center stitch. Yeah, I missed it all right. My eyes were seeing it as a break between two pieces of the chart, rather than the center of the chart itself! So I quickly frogged it, before I was tempted to think it would be ok to leave it! Now things are going much better. I will get the first chart done tonight, but am working tomorrow ( gone from 6am to 8pm) so I won't get much done until after that.
It's a gorgeous shawl. I'm so excited about making it. (Too bad for DH's sweater, with only the last 1/8 of the last sleeve left to go!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Birdsong said...

Hang in there... lace takes a different mindset than other knitting, but we are all here to help. Finishing the sweater sleeve will be a good break in between lace bouts.

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home