Friday, January 26, 2007

Finishers and Prize Winners

It is exciting to see photos of three finished shawls on the blog now. Lauren was the first to finish, but when I contacted her to get her address and send her a prize, she reminded me that she had started in mid-December and exempted herself from the prize process. I have a little trinket to send her all the same, for being first with a complete photograph to inspire the rest of us to keep going.

That means Melanie is the official "first finisher" of our KAL. I have a lovely skein of Merino D'Oro to send her and Miriam a gift certificate for a new pattern. Alison has finished this week as well, and just posted photos on her blog. Good job all of you.

Now, don't give up, all the rest of you.. I haven't made it through either. I am still at chart three, having spent the week working on small projects while away from home (more than usual). Sallee is still trying to get the right needles (her saga of the search does not reflect well on her LYS). However, there is still the February part of Lace-uary in which to produce beautiful lace together.

If you haven't posted about your progress yet, you still have the weekened to get it together, snap a photo, write a few lines, and get entered into the Lace Survival Kit contest....

Also, if you find a glitch or want to avoid one, go to Miriam's website (see the sidebar), where she has just begun posting an errata page. Knit on...

3 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

Oh WOW!
Thank you! I totally thought Lauren won..that was very nice of her to exempt herself..I don't know if I could have done that.
Thank you again..I am so excited!

10:02 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Congratulations to all winners/finishers...hoping February will bring more finished Hidcotes

9:46 PM  
Blogger Laritza said...

Finished! and I can not post on the blog rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Cast-on Jan 2nd finished today. No pictures, I will take some after I block it!
I had to create a new account in order to join the KAL. Now it wants me to upgrade my "new" (old format)account. I refuse to do so.

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home