Saturday, February 17, 2007

First Post
















I started the Hidcote back in October of last year when Hawaii was hit with one of the biggest earthquakes it's had in decades. My island wasn't hit too badly, but we were without power for most of the day. I think this will always be a special shawl and a kind of memento for that day.

I was a little worried that I'd have a hard time picking it up again after leaving it alone after so long, but my notes were accurate enough for me to proceed without a hitch.

I'm on Chart 6 and I'm inching along bit by bit. Getting it done one row at a time. I'm using Jaggerspun Zephyr in Sage and size 3US Crystal Palace Bamboo Needles. I did a bit of surgery on the needles with a nail file to give them sharper points and I'm really happy with the results. They're much more lace savvy now.

Hopefully this weekend I can get through Chart 6! Happy knitting everyone!

Opal
the Akamai Knitter

3 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

You're moving along. You'll be finished in no time!

8:59 AM  
Blogger Tan said...

Aloha! I'm right in there with you on chart six. You are akamai to keep right on going, electricity or not.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

So glad you spoke up and let us know about your memento shawl.

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home