Sunday, February 04, 2007

Probably short of yarn

I'm not very good at math, but my struggling attempts to figure out how far I was in the shawl when I ran out of my first skein of yarn indicate that I am 23% done with the shawl but have used 25% of my yarn. I did start a little short of yardage, as in about 100 yards short, so I shouldn't be surprised. I guess when I get down to the last pattern I will just leave out some of †he leafy looking things. I don't want to mess with the diamond design.

I also tried to calculate the halfway point of the shawl. I think it is around the end of chart 7. Has anyone else with better math skills figured this out? Since I am just starting chart 6 and we are past the halfway point of the KnitALong, I suspect that not only will I run out of yarn but I will run out of time.

But do I care? Hah! I think I will reward myself for all this equanimity with one of those chart keepers like Alison got.

(Kookoo for cocopuffs! Kookoo for cocopuffs!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Birdsong said...

Just keep in mind that this isn't a race... it takes as long as it takes and you still get a lovely shawl to wear... that said, I haven't done much chartreading since I got the flu and am behind almost everyone!

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home