Sunday, February 25, 2007

And the Oscar goes to...

Miriam for Outstanding Achievement in Lace Knit Shawl Design! And for Best Supporting Knitter..... well I did finish Hidcote on Academy Awards Sunday ;-)

I had a few struggles with getting a cast-off to meet my excessively perfectionist expectations, but after several sessions of undoing the cast-off stitches and putting them back OTN (can you call that tinking?) I finally got it right. I apologize for the blurry pictures--it's a crummy camera. I put all the details on my blog along with a few more pictures. I'll try to post better pictures once the wires arrive and I get the thing properly blocked. Just as an aside, I ended up using 125g of cashmere, or ~1920 yds. That's a pretty significant difference from the pattern. You can read about it here

And now I think I'll go back to watching all the pretty dresses and all the pretty people, er the Academy Awards. I'm still waiting to see if Helen Mirin wins for her role as the Queen :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

Congrats..it does indeed deserve an award

12:31 AM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Just beautiful!

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home