Thursday, March 08, 2007

Finished!

I finished the shawl on Tuesday and I'm very happy with the finished product. I used Jaggerspun Zephyr in Sage on Size 3US Crystal Palace Bamboo Needles.

I started this shawl way back on October 15, 2006 when the Hawaiian Islands experienced an earthquake over the coast of the Big Island. The island I live on, O'ahu, experienced an island wide power outage. I couldn't work on the shawl I had on the needles at the time, because I couldn't see the stitches without my OTT light. When power was restored later that night, I put it away and didn't take it back out for several months.

I have mixed feelings now that I finally finished it as I had so much fun knitting, I almost wished the party would never end. At the same time I am incredibly happy with the finished result. I also had a great time with this knit-along and I hope to continue my time with you all even though my shawl is done.

Opal
the Akamai Knitter

4 Comments:

Blogger Kristina Plaas said...

Opal, your shawl is truly beautiful. And to have such a significant memory to attach to it, well that makes it even more special in my eyes. Thanks so much for sharing with us!

8:00 PM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! Glad you joined in so you got the motivation to finish...
(((hugs)))

12:27 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Very lovely - I think its pretty normal to feel a bit of grief when parting with a project that covers six months of your life.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Thank you all for your wonderful comments. I've had a lovely time with you all. The inspiration you supplied were really key in motivating me to finish.

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home